Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fairness Justice and Mercy





Thinking this morning about fairness...

And I've decided I don't want it.

I've fought for all my life to try to get my fair share. I want what is due to me. I want others to not push past me and drive around me when I'm in the lead, I want my share of what's on the table. I want my turn.

And then Holy Spirit speaks to me.

Do I really want my share?

Do I want my share of the pain, the sin, the punishment?

Or do I want Mercy?

I cannot have equality/ fairness/ justice to suit me and have His mercy as well.

In order to have mercy, I must give it.

That means that I need to let the other drive around me, push past me in the hall or line, get the thing that I was wanting, be promoted above me, take more than their share, and I get second, I get less and I get to cheer them on.

Mark 9:35
He sat down, called the twelve disciples over to him, and said, “Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment